Last week, the carpets were cleaned at school. I thought they would be done early in the week, so I could go in on Wednesday and Thursday, but didn’t happen. I didn’t get to go in.
So, instead I took a nap most days. Naps are really nice in the summer.
- went to a meeting on our county’s adoption of Discovery Education.
- went to a departmental meeting.
- made a Little Free Library Box header (I’ll have to take a pix, but it’s to use in the library.)
- made a magazine banner and figured out a way to display new magazines.
- cleared out (and cleaned up) a small cart I think can work as a listening station.
- found some large tubs that can be used for big item stations.
- Worked on an August conference.
- Met friends for lunch!
- put a shed together
- laid a tile floor on the patio
- Went to Ikea to window shop for items I think I might like to use at home and in the library. We went on a family outing and ended up with two carts full of stuff. Not bad for window shopping.
Whew! Not really – it’s fabulous to have a week to do that kind of stuff!
The thing I most enjoyed was finding information on Bullet Journals. (Thank you Pinterest!) I’ve already told you about my love/hate relationship with planners. Digital or notebook? Monthly/weekly or Monthly/daily or Weekly/Daily? What is the perfect combination of pages that gives you enough for notes on the fly? How do you find those notes again?
OK, I know for some of you, I’ve entered into the nutcase arena. But I also know that some of you know exactly what I’m talking about. *ahem*
Here are some sites to see what it is:
There are hundreds and hundreds of of sites and videos. What a time sucker. I finally had to stop reading and watching and grave a notebook and some pens to start.
Pictures. Some of them are works of art.
I still have a few composition books left over from when I taught Math, so I set one up using one of those. I want to try one with grid paper in it next time though. And I think that I’d like to put a calendar list for each month at the beginning so it could serve better as a calendar too. I may go ahead and do that at my current spot, just because I think I’ll go crazy without it.
What I don’t like: Lots of writing. I was making a ton of lists anyway with the library flip, but I already had a skeleton page. Mine is functional but not pretty. I’m going to work on that. And I think I’m going to run through a notebook really fast! Hoping that will slow down some after the summer.
What I do like: Everything is in one place. The index helps for finding things that were lost in my calendar. I’ve got all the pages I need for a certain day if a lot is going on. There are oh so many ways you personalize it for what you need. You can use an expensive notebook or a cheap one.
I wasn’t sure I’d like the monthly calendar list, so I drew off a grid for July and left a column for goals. For August, I just made the list like they show in the video on bulletjournal.com. I think I like the list just as well (if not better) and it was much quicker. It’s also neater looking.
Maybe you are interested in a bullet journal??? I’d like to hear what you think.
You must be logged in to post a comment.