For the last several years, I’ve written a “what I did on my summer vacation” post. Mainly to show that it’s no 3 month vacay. (And 3 months!? Really?) So here goes.
- Week long training at UNCG for clinical teachers.
- Had my “read and ride” donors choose grant funded.
- Went through the TED-X application process. (Accepted btw)
- PD on Exploring NC Digitally. Thanks to NCSLMA.
- Worked on campus about 20 days. I lost track. I was in more than I intended.
- Wrote 2 math books for Carson Dellosa – a 4th and a 5th. This took up the majority of summer.
- Went to the mountains for a few days with my girlfriends.
- Attended multiple meetings for school or NCSLMA.
- Applied for an admin program and scheduled a retirement meeting. The coupling of these two is bizarre, but I’m planning for every contingency. Mwahahaha
What I planned but didn’t do:
- Rework my school web page.
- Practice my Spanish.
- Plan like a library demon.
- Read a book a week. I read, but . . .
- Exercise like I wanted. I did but it was not at the level I planned.
The math books threw things off plan, but will pay for my new grad school endeavors.
What I worked in just because it was summer:
- I ate watermelon. Pure ambrosia.
- I went to the pool.
- I napped.
- I watched some Netflix.
Not an overly exciting time in my life, but bunches accomplished. And I got to spend some time (not enough) with old and new friends!