Today is the 4th of July. American Independence. I watched a sad video where people could tell what they do on the day but not what the day represents. I was going to make a comment, but then I saw two posts in the few on the screen that bashed teachers for this lack of knowledge. I don’t know about you, but I did not need to go to school to know what we celebrate on July 4!
The day was not much different for me (since it is one of my summer days!). It was a beautiful day, so I read on the back deck for a while finishing Adrenaline. Then I:
- Cut out letters for banners in the library.
- Worked on the student page of the library website.
- Got a few station activities started.
- Cleaned out my desk and the office closet. (Which means a boatload of stuff for recycling and the shredder.)
- Started looking over the assignment for the 5th grade math book.
- Cooked out on the same deck 😉
- Watched all of season 1 of The Paradise. This is a cute show if you haven’t looked at it yet. There are only 8 shows in the first season.
- I also watched a movie called Today’s Special which was surprisingly funny. That was nice after I thought it might just be stupid. I’ve started too many shows or movies lately that just can’t hold my attention.
Beautiful rendition of The Star Spangled Banner