Nick Norelli tagged me for a recipe meme.
Here are the rules:
- Choose one ingredient from the previous recipe and post a recipe using this ingredient on your blog, linking back to the previous blogs that have posted a recipe.
- Then tag four new people, and we will see how it grows.
- To keep it exciting please post within a week of receiving the tag.
Nick posted a fabulous sounding recipe for Estofado de Pollo. I’m picking up on the tomatoes and onions in that.
- 4 large ripe tomatoes peeled.
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup cucumbers
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup onions
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste
You’ll need some finely chopped cucumbers, bell peppers and scallions for garnish. I also love to serve this with sliced avocado.
Put all the ingredients together in the food processor and pulse to blend to a thickness you like. I’ve served it chunky to smooth and it’s good every way. I also usually double or triple the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut some corn tortillas in 1/4s and brush or spray both sides with olive oil – placing them on a cookie sheet.
- Lightly salt and add garlic powder.
- I’ve never timed these, but they cook up pretty fast.
Matthew’s original post: Chicken Pieces with Espresso Barbeque Sauce